Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Graphic novel of Clockwork Angel

I was greatly surprised when I found out there was going to be a graphic novel of The Infernal Devices: Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare (yep, that same series that everyone loves and that I cannot seem to get into). And I was even more surprised to see that the illustrator would be Hyekyung Baek. It's not that I know her (although I did do a little bit of research and found out that it's the same author from the Gossip Girl graphic novel), but her name is Korean and illustrations by a Korean author equals to gorgeous drawings. There's something with the drawing style of Korean manga (manhwa, to be precise) that is so... beautiful, delicate, swoon-worthy, exquisite.

And now after my fangirling after the drawing, a couple of images just so you can see what I mean:


They are not super great, but definitely better than other graphic novel adaptations that I have seen (at least when it comes to the illustrations, as I have yet to read it). If you want to see more images, I've taken them from this discussion on Goodreads.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I'd love to hear your thoughts, and I appreciate each and every comment. I always try to comment on your blog in return :)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio