Friday, January 27, 2012

Review: Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

♔ Details

Title: Anna and the French Kiss
Author: Stephanie Perkins
Publisher: Dutton
Release date: 2nd December 2010
Add on Goodreads

♔ Summary

Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris - until she meets Etienne St. Clair: perfect, Parisian (and English and American, which makes for a swoon-worthy accent), and utterly irresistible. The only problem is that he's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her almost-relationship back home.
As winter melts into spring, will a year of romantic near - misses end with the French kiss Anna - and readers - have long awaited?

♔ Review

The first thing I noticed about this book was the narration. Here we don't have the usual cold and informative narration that most books have but the author, somehow, makes it like we are inside Anna's head. I don't know how to describe it, but her "way of thinking" felt very close to me.

Afterwards there are the characters. Oh, how I liked them. They are not the typical superheroes. They are just normal people, their daily life, with their distinct physical appearance and their different personalities; nobody is perfect.

I'm not much of a fan of love at first sight, insta love, that with just one glance you magically know you are going to end up with somebody. Luckily, this doesn't happen to Anna and St. Clair. Their love is not instantaneous, but they realize they have feelings for each other as they begin knowing the other, little by little. Bit by bit. My gosh, how sweet! I absolutely adore slow-paced, real romances. And I liked the fact that St. Clair was with someone else at first... It added a nice touch. More believable. Do I have to say that the relationship between the two main characters was heart-achinly beautiful? And to top it off, Stephanie Perkins did a great job capturing their feelings, when you like somebody.

I loved Anna and the French Kiss, it's already on my favorite list!

♔ Rating

♔♔♔♔♔

1 comments:

Gellie said...

Anna and the French Kiss is pure perfection for me. No doubt about it. I swear.

I'm in love with Etienne St. Clair.

Great review!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I'd love to hear your thoughts, and I appreciate each and every comment. I always try to comment on your blog in return :)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio