Saturday, January 28, 2012

Review: Cinder by Marissa Meyer

♔ Details

Title: Cinder - Lunar Chronicles #1
Author: Marissa Meyer
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Release date: 3 January 2012
Add on Goodreads

♔ Summary

Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth's fate hinges on one girl. . . . 
Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She's a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister's illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai's, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world's future.

♔ Review

How much can you love a book? You see, I kept thinking that through the whole book. Because I ADORED Cinder.

The main character, Cinder, is a mechanic on New Beijing, the capital of the Eastern Commonwealth. When she was young, she had an accident that took her parents and the very cause why she is a cyborg (human, but with mechanic prosthesis and other technological improvements). She was adopted when she was still in Europe by a man who afterwards passed away because of the mortal plague that is taking lives everywhere mercilessly. Cinder was forced to stay with her stepmother and two stepsisters, who despise her for being a cyborg and do not hold any affection for her.

Obviously the part of the book that fascinated me the most was the technological stuff. The story is set in the future (after World War Four!), so there had been plenty of technological development. I enjoyed reading every little detail about how everything worked, about cyborgs, and the likes. Everything was so believable!

I loved Cinder's character right from the beginning. It was like an instant connection. I liked her strong personality, the way she saw things, how she resisted even in the worst circumstances. And then comes prince Kai and sweeps you off your feet. Really, he was more than perfect, but totally human at the same time. I liked him right when since Cinder first met him. And, my gosh, their oh-so-sweet scenes. They always left me feeling warm and tingly. More like butterflies in the stomach. You get the picture. I cannot even begin to describe how sweet it was. It was one of my favorite romances since many, many books.

Cinder is a retelling of Cinderella, but I really didn't know what to expect. As I waited for the main parts of the story to play out, I was even more amazed. It kept getting better and better! I read the whole book feeling that warm fuzzy thing, almost smiling all the time. Cinder is definitely my new all-time favorite.

♔ Rating

♔♔♔♔♔

2 comments:

Grace Fonseca said...

I liked this book as well. New follower. I love how pretty your blog looks. Come visit me as well.

Grace
Livre De Amour-Books of Love

Sophie said...

Thanks, I'm following you too! And yeah, this book was so good :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I'd love to hear your thoughts, and I appreciate each and every comment. I always try to comment on your blog in return :)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio