Thursday, January 26, 2012

Review: dancergirl by Carol M. Tanzman

♔ Details

Title: dancergirl
Author: Carol M. Tanzman
Publisher: Harlequin
Release date: 15 November 2011

♔ Summary

Ever feel like someone's watching you? Me, too. But lately it's been happening in my room.
When I'm alone.
A friend posted a video of me dancing online, and now I'm no longer Alicia Ruffino. I'm dancergirl. And suddenly it's like me against the world—everyone's got opinions.
My admirers want more, the haters hate, my best friend Jacy—even he's acting weird. And some stalker isn't content to just watch anymore.
Ali. Dancergirl. Whatever you know me as, however you've seen me online, I've trained my whole life to be the best dancer I can be. But if someone watching has their way, I could lose way more than just my love of dancing. I could lose my life.

♔ Review

The main character, Ali, takes dancing classes and her dream is to become a professional dancer. One day her friend films her while dancing and uploads it to the internet. The next day Ali discovers it became really popular and now everyone, even from her own high school, knows her as Dancergirl. But then she learns that, among fans, she now has a stalker who even films her in secret.

I really liked the idea of dancergirl, the mysterious dancing girl. If I had to say something bad about it, is that the author started describing dance steps with their names, and it totally lost me. All the mystery and thriller caused by the stalker was a nice addition, and in the end I was practically on edge trying to discover who he was.

Like on most Young adult books, there in between was a love story, but in this case it wasn't that important. It was nice. And wow, the end totally blew me away. All in all, a nice read.

♔ Rating

♔♔♔♔

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I'd love to hear your thoughts, and I appreciate each and every comment. I always try to comment on your blog in return :)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio