Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Review: Halo by Alexandra Adornetto

♔ Details

Title: Halo - Halo #1
Author: Alexandra Adornetto
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Release date: 31 August 2010

♔ Summary

Three angels – Gabriel, the warrior; Ivy, the healer; and Bethany, the youngest and most human – are sent by Heaven to bring good to a world falling under the influence of darkness. They must work hard to conceal their luminous glow, superhuman powers, and, most dangerous of all, their wings, all the while avoiding all human attachments.
Then Bethany meets Xavier Woods, and neither of them is able to resist the attraction between them. Gabriel and Ivy do everything in their power to intervene, but the bond between Xavier and Bethany seems too strong. Then comes the brooding and popular new transfer, Jake Thorn... who just so happens to be in Bethany's class. Something about Jake seems to be hiding something darker, something more powerful than expected. That thing, and Xavier, distracts Bethany to a point that Gabriel and Ivy are concerned.
The angel's mission is urgent, and dark forces are threatening. Will love ruin Bethany or save her?

♔ Review

I bought this book for my mum but I couldn't resist the temptation and I kind of read it before she could. And I liked it!

The story is set in our days, when angels are right between us, doing good deeds and amending what the darker powers try to destroy or corrupt (because where there are angels, there are demons!). Bethany is an angel who has descended to Earth with Gabriel and Ivy. But, being the youngest, she is also the most vulnerable.

She goes to a high-school where she meets a boy, Xavier (who that is supposedly not available to anyone due to his deceased girlfriend). And I have to say this: their relationship is one of the sweetest I have read. Every romantic scene between them made me swoon!

But things are not simple: she is an angel, he is a human. And the evil ones start to move their pieces in this game in a way none of them can imagine. I kind of felt fad for Xavier sometimes because he was just a human and could not do anything to help her.

I heard that Halo was written by a young author and she received some bad critiques, but (maybe because I am her age?) I really enjoyed it. Sure, I could have used a little more information about how that heaven/hell thing worked, more action, but we'll see in the next book of the series.

All in all, nice, fast and sweet.

♔ Rating


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I'd love to hear your thoughts, and I appreciate each and every comment. I always try to comment on your blog in return :)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio