Friday, February 17, 2012

Follow Friday (3)

Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted at Parajunkee & Alison Can Read , used to meet new friends from the blogging world!


Q: I like unique names for characters and am looking forward to coming up with some when I start writing. What's the most unique character name you've come across?

I don't think they're unique unique but somehow I really liked the name Cricket from Lola and the Boy Next Door. And I just finished The Hunger Games, and also found the main characters' names curious; Katniss and Peeta. Oh, and also Karou and Akiva from The Daughter of Smoke and Bone. I'm not English so I don't know much about usual English names, but those are the ones that come to my mind when thinking about unique names :)

8 comments:

Bittner said...

New Follower! I LOVED Cricket! He was amazing! And Katniss and Peeta are good picks too! I haven't read The Daughter of Smoke and Bones yet though.

Have a great Friday!

Miss Vain's Paranormal Fantasy said...

Hi :)

Happy FF!
Thanks for sharing your FF!

I also think Katniss, Peeta, &Aikiva are very unique names for characters I love!;) I have yet to read The Boy next door,:)

My FF post http://MissVainsParanormalfantasy.com

I'm a New GFC follower btw!

Jessica (Book Prowl) said...

Hi! I'm a new follower. Cute blog design! Here is my answer: http://bookprowl.blogspot.com/2012/02/follow-friday-2.html

Kristen, Kelsey and Diane said...

Definitely agree with you on the Hunger Games. What'd you think of it? I loved it - it's my favourite YA novel.

New follower, here's my follow friday!

DeniseF said...

I had Hunger Games and Lola on my list too!

New follower

J. B. Kantt said...

Hey, I'm a new follower! :)

Those are some awesome names! I LOVE unique character names!

Have a FABULOUS Friday!!!! :D

J.B.
http://jbkantt.blogspot.com/

Miss Page-Turner said...

I cannot think of other unique names and think you did a pretty good job thinking about some;)

Christy @ TheReaderBee said...

Those are definitely some great names! I had forgotten about most of them! :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I'd love to hear your thoughts, and I appreciate each and every comment. I always try to comment on your blog in return :)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio