Monday, February 27, 2012

Monday morning news

♔ This week has been packed with new covers, which left me drooling all over them. Seriously, some of them are gorgeous. I know I wouldn't have to judge a book by its cover and blah-blah-blah, but honestly, I think the cover says a lot about the book.

    

    


 Cinder 's author Marissa Meyer is hosting an auction to help a friend's relative. The auctioned goods are great and the auction is for a good cause! I think Marissa will appreciate people spreading the word. Here is part of her original post in her blog:

My best friend’s older brother is in need of a kidney transplant, so I’m hosting two mini auctions to help raise money for him and his family. You can see the full explanation and watch his family’s video here:
http://marissameyer.livejournal.com/273596.html
That link will also take you to Prize Pack #1 for you to bid on, which includes signed CINDER, THE FAULT IN OUR STARS by John Green, and SHADOWS CAST BY STARS by Catherine Knutsson.
THE AUCTION
This post is to bid on Prize #2:
- A SIGNED ARC OF SCARLET: BOOK TWO OF THE LUNAR CHRONICLES
- Plus whatever swag I have on hand at the time. 
(...)
Continue reading at Marissa Meyer's blog!



Perfect Chemistry series' author Simone Elkeles will be coming to my city, Barcelona on March 27th and 28th! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT. Finally I'll be able to meet an author I love. She'll be coming with Gabriel Chavarría, the actor of Luis Fuentes from the book trailer. I'll be there, no doubt about it! And I'll take pictures and maybe post them here later :) 



Apart from awesome covers, there have been some awesome book trailers, too! I wasn't much of  fun of book trailers in the past, but I think they've been getting better lately. Some of them are pure greatness. And ohmigosh the one from A Touch Morbid is sooo creepy I had to pause it immediately! LOL I haven't read the series, but I've heard they are kind of unusual.




2 comments:

Mimi Valentine said...

LOL Sophie!! x) I'm the exact same way: even though we wouldn't exactly turn away an awesome book because of the cover, gorgeous ones always tend to catch our eye first -- and those ones are SO PRETTY. Some I've heard of, some I haven't, but it doesn't matter now because you make me want to read them all! ;)

And oh my gosh, that is so sweet of Marissa to do that! I've talked to her before and she has to be one of the sweetest authors I've ever met. Thank you so much for letting me know about that and all of those other awesome things! :)

P.S. I adore you & your blog SO MUCH, Sophie!!! Just wanted to let you know. <3 x)

Sarah (saz101) said...

Oh my GOODNESS! Those covers are absolutely gorgeous. Eep! And that auction is amazing! Exactly what Mimi said: that is SO amazing of Marissa.

I've only just discovered your gorgeous blog, and it's so SO pretty! ♥♥♥

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I'd love to hear your thoughts, and I appreciate each and every comment. I always try to comment on your blog in return :)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio