Monday, February 13, 2012

Review: Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire



♔ Details

Title: Beautiful Disaster
Author: Jamie McGuire
Publisher: Jamie McGuire
Release date: May 2011
Add on Goodreads

♔ Summary
The new Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn't drink or swear, and she has the appropriate percentage of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance between her and the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend America, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University's Walking One-Night Stand.

Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby needs—and wants—to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the charming college co-ed. Intrigued by Abby’s resistance to his charms, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis' apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match.

♔ Review

I'm a fan of fantasy and paranormal themed books, but I always have a tiny spot in my heart reserved for contemporary. Beautiful Disaster revolves around Abby and her highschool life, and Travis, the typical "bad boy". And yep, he WAS a bad boy. Even though there were times when his protectiveness made me smile.

Abby starts her life anew when she goes into college with her best friend America, trying to leave behind a not-so-fortunate past involving her family. She wants to be a good girl. That's why when Travis starts to notice her, going out with him is way out of question. Travis has had a hard past himself and nowadays he is a very good fighter. He uses his talent (he's never lost a fight) to earn money and be able to live comfortably in his apartment.

I liked the love story behind Abby and Travis. Totally. Surprisingly. Like oh-my-gosh-that's-just-so-beautiful. In their relationship there are a couple of difficult moments that made me want to hit myself with the book, but that didn't make me like it any less. Because they made mistakes that everyone could have made given the circumstances, and they somehow made the story more real.

The reviews I read promised that, once finished, I'd like to read it over and over again. With me, they were completely right. 

♔ Rating

♔♔♔♔

1 comments:

Mimi Valentine said...

I'm the exact same way, Sophie! I usually read fantasy and paranormal books, but I still love my contemporaries and this one sounds like such a sweet read that I need to add to my list. :) Surprisingly beautiful romances are my favourite! From the way you describe them, I really think I'm going to love Travis and Abby too!

Absolutely beautiful review, Sophie -- you're so good at writing them! :) I can't wait to get my hands on this one now!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I'd love to hear your thoughts, and I appreciate each and every comment. I always try to comment on your blog in return :)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio