Thursday, February 16, 2012

Review: Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley

♔ Details

Title: Graffiti Moon
Author: Cath Crowley
Publisher: Knopf Books for Young Readers
Release date: 14th February 2012
Add on Goodreads

♔ Summary
Senior year is over, and Lucy has the perfect way to celebrate: tonight, she's going to find Shadow, the mysterious graffiti artist whose work appears all over the city. He's out there somewhere—spraying color, spraying birds and blue sky on the night—and Lucy knows a guy who paints like Shadow is someone she could fall for. Really fall for. Instead, Lucy's stuck at a party with Ed, the guy she's managed to avoid since the most awkward date of her life. But when Ed tells her he knows where to find Shadow, they're suddenly on an all-night search around the city. And what Lucy can't see is the one thing that's right before her eyes.
♔ Review

This book is magic. The story in itself takes place in just one night, combining the present with a few flashbacks to the past that help us understand just what is going on in the present.

Lucy has just finished school, and to celebrate she and her friend go out with one purpose: find Shadow, a graffiti artist whose paintings take Lucy's breath away. So distinctive, so different, so beautiful. With his paintings sometimes there is also writing, short poems written by his friend Poet. But Lucy's heart is only for Shadow. She feels some kind of connection to him, through his art, like they're both thinking the same. Lucy's an artist, too, although her element is glass but it wasn't any less awesome. But she's not very lucky and misses her chance to see him and to know him in person. Instead, she's stuck in a party with Ed, her first love that ended with a catastrophic first date. Lucy's an artist, too, although her element is glass but it wasn't any less awesome.

This book is seriously beautiful. Like pure art put into words. NO KIDDING. I can't even begin to imagine the prettiness of the pieces of art they described. And even though I have never read English poetry, Poet's little pieces at the beginning of each chapter were very nice!

The love story in Graffiti Moon is breathtakingly cute. It's simple but complicated at the same time. I enjoyed reading the little steps and the evolution in their relationship to something more to no end.

Writing Graffiti Moon's review makes me want to read it again!

♔ Rating

♔♔♔♔♔

3 comments:

Carina said...

I have an eGalley of this still sitting on my Kindle and definitely need to read it soon. Considering all the amazing reviews it got, I can't wait to finally get to it (hopefully next week). :)

Great review! Thanks for sharing. :)
Carina

Andrea @ The Overstuffed Bookcase said...

I've seen this one around the book blogosphere and I didn't really have much of a desire to read it. After reading your review, though, I've added it to the TBR list! Great review!

Miss Page-Turner said...

Agreed!I recently wrote my review of Graffiti Moon and felt like reading it again. I'm a huge fan of art so this was a perfect book for me:) Awesome review
x

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I'd love to hear your thoughts, and I appreciate each and every comment. I always try to comment on your blog in return :)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio