Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Review: Touch by Jus Accardo

♔ Details

Title: Touch - Denazen #1
Author: Jus Accardo
Publisher: Entangled Publishing
Release date: 1st November 2011
Add on Goodreads

♔ Summary

When a strange boy tumbles down a river embankment and lands at her feet, seventeen-year-old adrenaline junkie Deznee Cross snatches the opportunity to piss off her father by bringing the mysterious hottie with ice blue eyes home.
Except there's something off with Kale. He wears her shoes in the shower, is overly fascinated with things like DVDs and vases, and acts like she'll turn to dust if he touches her. It's not until Dez's father shows up, wielding a gun and knowing more about Kale than he should, that Dez realizes there's more to this boy—and her father's “law firm”—than she realized.
Kale has been a prisoner of Denazen Corporation—an organization devoted to collecting “special” kids known as Sixes and using them as weapons—his entire life. And, oh yeah, his touch? It kills. The two team up with a group of rogue Sixes hellbent on taking down Denazen before they're caught and her father discovers the biggest secret of all. A secret Dez has spent her life keeping safe.
A secret Kale will kill to protect.
♔ Review

Deznee is a just your typical normal girl. She goes to her local highschool, she's kind of popular... But no one can be picture perfect, right? In her case, it's her family; her mother died when she was young and her father doesn't care about her, to the point where she has assumed the mission of doing dangerous and risky things with the hopes that if she does something outrageous enough, he will acknowledge her and end his cold treatment. Which often led to little success. And that may have been just one of the reasons why, when Dez finds a guy seemingly running away from something in the woods on her way home from a party, she helps him.

The most important reason why I read Touch was Kale. He was a mystery all by himself! First I fell in love with him for his self confidence, his protectiveness of the things he cared about. And then I fell in love with him all over again because he was just like a child; he didn't know much about the world, he didn't know much about love (gosh! I think I died of pure delight with his more-than-adorable innocence!). I don't have to tell you how sweet and innocent their love was. And here comes in the bad boy and also the other end of the love triangle, although in my mind he really wasn't any competition.

But then, of course, were a couple of things that didn't work for me. Her father was definitely something. At first I couldn't figure him out, and in the end I think I was no better. His actions just didn't make sense to me. And then comes the whole power thing... People with special abilities are called Sixes, and they had something like an underground society (one like you wouldn't imagine!). I enjoyed it, seeing different kinds of powers I'd never even thought about. But in the end, with the final scenes and all, I found it a bit "X-Men-ish".

Touch had its up and downs, but it was a nice urban fantasy read! Full of tension and fast paced, I'm looking forward to what the next installment, Toxic, has to offer.

♔ Rating

♔♔♔♔

1 comments:

Mimi Valentine said...

Ohhh, Sophie! How can you make me fall in love with a character I haven't even met yet?? Kale sounds so amazing! <3 x) I have this huge soft spot for boys with some sort of innocence to them too and he sounds exactly like that and more! As much as intense romances are awesome, sweet ones like this are always the ones that make me swoon even more! ;)

Amazing review, Sophie! Even with those few flaws, I've had this book on my TBR pile for the longest time and you've finally convinced me to act on it as soon as possible! Thanks so much! :) <3

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I'd love to hear your thoughts, and I appreciate each and every comment. I always try to comment on your blog in return :)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio