Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (2)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Breaking the Spine and it's used to showcase the upcoming releases we're excited about.


This week I'm specially pinning for Julie Kagawa's new work, The Immortal Rules. I've read The Iron Fey series and there isn't enough love declarations to define how much I liked it. I don't know how this one will turn out to be, but I can't wait to see how Julie works her magic again.


The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden #1) by Julie Kagawa

You will kill. The only question is when.

In the dark days since the insidious Red Lung virus decimated the human population, vampires have risen to rule the crumbling cities and suburbs. Uncontested Princes hold sway over diminished ranks of humans: their "pets." In exchange for their labor, loyalty and of course, their blood, these pets are registered, given food and shelter, permitted to survive.

Unregistered humans cling to fringes, scavenging for survival. Allison Sekemoto and her fellow Unregistereds are hunted, not only by vampires, but by rabids, the unholy result of Red Lung-infected vampires feeding on unwary humans. One night, Allie is attacked by a pack of rabids, saved by an unlikely hero...and turned vampire.

Uncomfortable in her undead skin, Allie falls in with a ragtag crew of humans seeking a cure, or cures: for Rabidism and for Vampirism. She's passing for human...for now. But the hunger is growing and will not be denied. Not for friendship—not even for love.

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

I adored the Iron Fey series and I'm sure this book will be just as awesome as that series. I can't wait for this one to come out. Great pick!

Vicky said...

I haven't read any of her books yet but everyone seems to love them so I'll have to give them a shot ;) Great pick!

My Wow for this week. :)

Vicky
Books, Biscuits & Tea

Anna said...

OMG I have no idea who ISN'T Excited for this book :) It's going to be AWESOME!!

My WoW

Miss Page-Turner said...

I'm definitely waiting for that one,too. I'm currently reading The Iron Knight, so another Julie Kagawa book to read soon would be nice.

Bailey said...

I want this book so so much. =) LOVE Kagawa's writing. Great choice!

Christy @ TheReaderBee said...

Great minds think alike! I can't wait to read this. I love Julie!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I'd love to hear your thoughts, and I appreciate each and every comment. I always try to comment on your blog in return :)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio