Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (3)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Breaking the Spine and it's used to showcase the upcoming releases we're excited about.


This week I'm waiting for... Of Poseidon by Anna Banks. I have not read a lot of books with mermaids, but that doesn't mean I'm not open to more options, and this one seems like just my kind of read.


Of Poseidon by Anna Banks
Emma and her friend Chloe are spending vacation in Florida. When Emma (literally) runs into a hot guy named Galen on the beach, little does she know he’s a prince of the Syrena. Galen and Emma both feel something strange – is it attraction? – and Galen suspects that Emma might well be the girl he’s heard of – a human who can communicate with fish.

What follows is a deadly scene with a shark in which Galen witnesses Emma’s gifts. He must know more about her, and follows her back to New Jersey, and high school, to find out for sure if she’s the key to saving his kingdom. Soon, Emma can’t deny her feelings for him, but can’t explain them, either – and both she and Galen must learn more about where she comes from and what her powers are before they can trust one another and their feelings.

8 comments:

Tiffany said...

I've had my eye on this one for awhile. It sounds totally awesome :)

Taneika said...

Oooh :) First, I love your blog - it's incredibly cute (I'm now following you!!) and secondly, I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS! I'M SOOO EXCITED! AHHHHH!
*ahem* sorry about that...

Great WoW!
Taneika @ Flipping Through The Pages

Carina said...

I requested this a few days ago on NetGalley and I'm desperately waiting to be approved. Aaaah, 2012 is an awesome year for mermaids and I really want to read this book! :D Great pick. :)

Carina

Janiera said...

wow this sounds like a great read and the cover is really, really beautiful! great pick!
My WoW

Hermyoni said...

This is one I have been looking forward to. Definitely a good choice for Waiting on Wednesday!

Brittani said...

Great pick! I almost made this my WoW this week too. Lol. But I'm saving it for next week. Lol. I'm really excited for this book as well! :) Cute blog!

My WoW: http://hopefaithbooks.blogspot.com/2012/02/waiting-on-wednesday-26.html

-Brittani

Andrea @ The Overstuffed Bookcase said...

I've got this one on my TBR list, too! I haven't read ANY mermaid stories, but I'm looking forward to this one! Great pick!

Miss Page-Turner said...

I requested the netgalley ARC, but haven't got an answer yet...it sounds really good"

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I'd love to hear your thoughts, and I appreciate each and every comment. I always try to comment on your blog in return :)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio