Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (7)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Breaking the Spine and it's used to showcase the upcoming releases we're excited about.

I'm so excited for this one! I haven't read that much books about mermaids, but this year I think I have three or so books on my wishlist about that theme. Which is great, since I like all kinds of mythology! And this one... a MERMAN? I want to read it soooo bad.

The Vicious Deep (The Vicious Deep #1) by Zoraida Córdova
When an unnatural riptide sweeps lifeguard Tristan Hart out to sea for three days and then dumps him back on the shore of Coney Island, it’s the start of the Sea Court claiming its own. Suddenly, Tristan’s girlfriend dramas and swimming championship seem like distant worries as he discovers the truth: he’s a Merman. Now Tristan must fight for his life, the lives of his friends, and his humanity (if he still wants it), while competing in a race for a throne as ancient as the gods.

Seductive, duplicitous, and with an agenda of their own, these are not the mermaids you know.

7 comments:

MissKimberlyStardust said...

I just requested this one from NetGalley (fingers crossed that I get it) it looks so good! Great pick :) My WoW

-Kimberly @ Turning The Pages

Rachel @ Unforgettable Books said...

Hi
This looks like a good book.
old follower :)

my WoW- http://unforgetablebooks.blogspot.com/2012/03/waiting-on-wednesday-6.html

Carina said...

This sounds like such an awesome read and I really want to read it, too. Great pick - I hope it's as awesome as it sounds! :)

Carina

Book Slave said...

Hi there :) just popping in...

Oh wow a merman, very different. Great choice!

:) Here is my choice...

Waiting on Wednesday

Hilda K said...

Awesome pick for this week, Sophie! I really want to read this book too. The idea of merman is just so awesome! Plus, I love that his name, very classic! <3

Mimi Valentine said...

Oh my gosh, yes!! I completely and totally and definitely agree with you about this book, Sophie! We don't get that many awesome mermaid reads, so I'm really hoping that this will be one of them! LOL and the whole Merman thing put a huge smile on my face too -- Tristan the Merman has a certain ring to it! ;)

Amazing pick for your WOW this week, Sophie! We'll definitely be waiting on this one together -- I can't wait for it to come out either! :) ♥

Rebecca (Kindle Fever) said...

WOW, that DOES sound good. I wanna read about mermen too! o: I feel like 2012 will be a real mermaid year (which is fun, since I just recently read my first one ever), but I'm excited! I LOVE mermaids. Can't waitttt.

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I'd love to hear your thoughts, and I appreciate each and every comment. I always try to comment on your blog in return :)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio