Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (8)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Breaking the Spine and it's used to showcase the upcoming releases we're excited about.


I've heard so many great things about it, I can't wait to read it and see mor myself! The summary certainly sounds amazing, and the cover... It's not the prettiest out there, but I like it!

Surrounded by enemies, the once-great nation of Ravka has been torn in two by the Shadow Fold, a swath of near-impenetrable darkness crawling with monsters who feast on human flesh. Now its fate may rest on the shoulders of one unlikely refugee.

Alina Starkov has never been good at anything. But when her regiment is attacked on the Fold and her best friend is brutally injured, Alina reveals a dormant power that saves his life– a power that could be the key to setting her war-ravaged country free. Wrenched from everything she knows, Alina is whisked away to the royal court to be trained as a member of the Grisha, the magical elite led by the mysterious Darkling.


Yet nothing in this lavish world is what it seems. With darkness looming and an entire kingdom depending on her untamed power, Alina will have to confront the secrets of the Grisha… and the secrets of her heart.

7 comments:

Carina said...

Aaaah, I'm sooo excited for this one at the moment. Very happy to have an eARC from NetGalley, but since it's still a while until it's release date, I'm trying to put off reading it - which is pure torture. :D

Awesome pick! :)
Carina

Alyssa said...

I am so excited for this one too!! I have heard amazing things about it and the cover is gorgeous!!! Here is my Waiting on Wednesday

Creations by Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Sounds very exciting...thanks for sharing!

Here's MY WOW POST

Patricia said...

Oooh, this sounds pretty damn awesome! *_* Thank you very much for sharing it with the rest of us!

Patricia // My WOW

Darlene said...

I am too, eagerly awaiting the release of Shadow and Bone! Great choice for your WoW! Not only does the story sound really intricate and exciting, but that cover is also one of my favorite so far in 2012! Can’t wait to get ahold of this one!

Darlene @ Leather Bound and Lovely

Tess said...

I think I have seen this around...seems a little freaky...good thing i like freaky sometimes! :) Great Pick!

Here is my WOW
If you're interested, come check out the THREE Giveaways I have going on at my blog!

Mimi Valentine said...

Oh my gosh, Sophie, this book is BRILLIANT. It's AMAZING. It blew my socks off and I honestly can't wait until you can read it because I think it will blow your socks off too!! :) And I have to admit that I'm not as in love with the cover as lots of people seem to be too, but it's still a fantastic book!

(And I just noticed by squinting that Veronica Roth blurbed it! Ahhhh!!!)

Amazing pick for your WOW this week, super Sophie! :) ♥

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I'd love to hear your thoughts, and I appreciate each and every comment. I always try to comment on your blog in return :)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio