Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (9)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Breaking the Spine and it's used to showcase the upcoming releases we're excited about.


The cover is tantalizing... but when I read the summary I KNEW I had to read it once it came out. It sounds amazing! Just read, just read:


Struck (Struck #1) by Jennifer Bosworth
Mia Price is a lightning addict. She’s survived countless strikes, but her craving to connect to the energy in storms endangers her life and the lives of those around her.
Los Angeles, where lightning rarely strikes, is one of the few places Mia feels safe from her addiction. But when an earthquake devastates the city, her haven is transformed into a minefield of chaos and danger. The beaches become massive tent cities. Downtown is a crumbling wasteland, where a traveling party moves to a different empty building each night, the revelers drawn to the destruction by a force they cannot deny. Two warring cults rise to power, and both see Mia as the key to their opposing doomsday prophecies. They believe she has a connection to the freak electrical storm that caused the quake, and to the far more devastating storm that is yet to come.
Mia wants to trust the enigmatic and alluring Jeremy when he promises to protect her, but she fears he isn’t who he claims to be. In the end, the passion and power that brought them together could be their downfall. When the final disaster strikes, Mia must risk unleashing the full horror of her strength to save the people she loves, or lose everything.

17 comments:

ashelynn hetland said...

I freaking love this cover AND the summary of this book. Sounds fan-freaking-tastic. Can't wait for it.

am a new follower! cute blog. :)

My WOW.

Carina said...

When I first saw this, I remember not wanting to add it to my to-read list immediately. But the more I see this, the more I actually want to read it. It sounds awesome and definitely unique! Awesome pick. :)

Carina

theflutterbyroom.com said...

Love the cover of this book. The blurb sounds interesting. Can't wait to get my hands on it either. Thanks for sharing. Becki

MissKimberlyStardust said...

Great pick! I have an ARC of this one from NetGalley and I've only read a couple pages but it pretty good so far!
+new follower! :) Cute blog!
Here's my WoW post :)

-Kimberly @ Turning The Pages

Book Slave said...

Hi there :) just popping in... Great choice, I already have this on my TBR pile!

Here is my choice...
Waiting On Wednesday

Lu said...

Struck sounds great!
Happy Wednesday :)

The Muggle
-Check out my Giveaway of Infinity

ClaireLouise said...

The cover of this is amazing!! Fantastic choice :) May isn't far now...!

Old follower, hopping by :)

Miss Page-Turner said...

I couldn't resist to request the netgalley of STRUCK, but now I really have to find time to read it haha

Mimi Valentine said...

That cover is tantalizing -- and I love that word you used for it, Sophie!! :) When I think "lightning addict," I think "dangerous" so I have a feeling that this is going to be one of those fast-paced, dangerous, and completely cool reads! There are a lot of mixed reviews about this book, but I'm still excited to find out what happens to Mia! :)

Amazing pick for your WOW this week as always, Sophie! ♥ I hope you have an beautiful Wednesday!

Creations by Laurel-Rain Snow said...

This one sounds very intriguing...and unique.

Thanks for sharing....and here's MY WOW POST

Meghan@OwlReadIt said...

This sounds really good, and different from most YA fiction. :)

here's my WoW: http://owl-read-it.blogspot.ca/2012/03/waiting-on-wednesday-12.html

Amy said...

Love your pick! Wednesday's are great for finding new reads, and this one is definitely being added to my shelf. Thank you for sharing! :)

Here's mine:

http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/03/waiting-on-wednesday-16.html

Vanya D. said...

This one is on my list as well, and I can't wait to get my hands on it :))

And here's my WOW

fakesteph said...

This one definitely sounds cool. I'm so curious about someone being a lightning addict. I just can't wrap my head around... why.

Lea said...

I definitely agree, struck sounds like it's going to be a really unique and exciting story!! :)

You can check out my WoW for this week at the link below-- Happy Reading!

Lea @ LC's Adventures in Libraryland

Brittani said...

Great pick! I have this one from NetGalley! I'm hoping to get to it really soon because I'm pretty excited to read it as well!

My WoW

-Brittani

Erin W. said...

I read this book the other week and loved it. Great pick!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I'd love to hear your thoughts, and I appreciate each and every comment. I always try to comment on your blog in return :)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio