Sunday, April 29, 2012

In My Mailbox 10

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren and originally inspired by Alea at Pop Culture Junkie, used to showcase the books we bought, borrowed, got for review...

For review

    

 Glitch by Heather Anastasiu
Intangible by J.Meyers
Timepiece by Myra McEntire

I got Glitch! GLITCH! Oh my gosh you should have seen me when I saw my request had been accepted. It was my birthday, too, so that made my day even happier. I also received Intangible (thanks to the author!) which I'm excited to read since it's about TWINS. Well, not identical twins (they are boy and girl), but it's still awesome. I've read the first few chapters and it seems like a very nice read! And then Timepiece! Of course I'm going to buy the first book very soon so I can read the second in time. Cannot wait!

Bought


The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher


Storm by Brigid Kemmerer

It was the International Day of the Book, and I couldn't resist buying The Fault in Our Stars and Thirteen Reasons Why. I'm positively ready to start crying with these books. And then I got Storm, which I have already read and LOVED. Even preordered the second book, which I think will be out this August (YAY!).

From the library


City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare

Finally got this one. And my local library had it in English, how cool is that? After the fiasco with the Spanish translation of the first book, I'm ready to give this series a second opportunity. I'm hoping I'll love this series as much as everyone seems to do. 

12 comments:

Carina said...

I am soooo jealous that your local library has such awesome English books!! Mine is a complete disaster even though it's fairly big and I'm living in a big city. :( Hope you'll enjoy CoA.

You definitely need to get a copy of HOURGLASS as soon as possible... it's one of my favorite books! I got TIMEPIECE this week as well and did a tiny happy-dance. :D And I got GLITCH, too, which I'm very excited for as well.

Awesome books, my dear, I hope you'll enjoy them! :) Have a fabulous week,
Carina

Ajoop. S said...

I got Glitch too! I'm SO excited about it! And I'm currently reading Intangible. Expecting awesomeness from it :) TFiOS and Thirteen Reasons Why- both life changing and amazing books! You're so lucky to have bought them together! And I just got Storm too. I'm SO excited to read it, you have no idea :D

Great mailbox, Sophie! Have a great week :)

Ajoop. S said...

And happy belated birthday :D

Vicky said...

You got The Fault in Our Stars!!!! :D I'm SO looking forward to that one. <3 And 13 Reasons Why sounds really good as well. And happy belated birthday! :) xxx

Arila said...

¿Qué ya te has comprado la continuación de Storm que sale en agosto? ¡Qué loca! A mi se me olvidaría incluso que lo voy a recibir, eso sí la sorpresa de verlo en el kindle así no te la quita nadie jeje!

The fault in our stars va a caer dentro de dos telediarios *__*

¡Qué suerte que en tu biblio tengan libros en inglés! No he leído nada de cazadores de sombras, pero quiero empezarla, me quedo con tu recomendación de que en inglés mucho mejor.
¡Un beso!

roro said...

enjoy all
i loved storm

Gianna said...

Ahhh, super great haul, Sophie! :D I'm jelly that you got Glitch, but I can't wait to see your thoughts about it. :) I also got Timepiece for review, but I haven't even read Hourglass yet! x) I need to go get a copy ASAP LOL! And I just finished STORM recently... It was so good! I wish I had more Chris time. ;__;

Okay, I'll shut up now haha. I think I'm going into rambling mode lol.

Even though I said it already, happy happy (belated) birthday! :D I hoped it was an awesome-tastic day for you! <3

Mimi Valentine said...

Stooooooooooooooooooooooooooooorm! Hehe, I might have raided your review for that recently because I loved that book like crazy too! x) And that's so awesome how you finally have the epically amazing City of Ashes -- I love everything written by Cassie Clare, and with City of Lost Souls coming out, I really hope you love all of the earlier books too, despite the translation fiasco :)

And oh my gosh, how could I be so horrible to miss your birthday??? HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, SOPHIE! (And to your twin sister too, since you guys probably have the same birthday unless you were born a few minutes before midnight and she was born a few minutes after LOL!) I hope it was absolutely AMAZING, Soph! :) ♥

Have a wonderful rest-of-your-Sunday!

Crystal Grant said...

Awesome books! I totally got Intangible last week and I can't wait to get started on it :) The Fault in Our Stars is so good! I was crying my eyes out at the end! Happy reading :) Check out my haul:

Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

Miss Page-Turner said...

The Fault In Our Stars!!! :'(
I got Timepiece aswell and got notice that my copy of Hourglass will arrive tomorrow. So I should be able to start this new series sometime next week.
Happy reading x

Hilda K said...

Yay yay yay for the awesome books, Sophie! <3 STORM! GLITCH! THE FAULT IN OUR STARS! INTANGIBLE! Oh, I know that you will have amazing time reading all those books! x) Thirteen Reasons Why broke my heart, it's just very sad. Oh, I hope you'll love it too, Sophie!! :)

AND... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Oh, did you post the news on Twitter or somewhere else? I can't believe I missed it! I hope you had great time on your birthday, Sophie! Hugs and kisses!<3<3<3 XOXO

Marta Coke Smile said...

Feliz cumpleaños!! (aunque algo tarde..) A mí me gusto mucho más Cazadores de Sombras en inglés, puede que sea las traducciones y la pérdida de muchos de los chistes. Deseando de leer Glitch.
PD:TFiOS es simplemente ADORABLE

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I'd love to hear your thoughts, and I appreciate each and every comment. I always try to comment on your blog in return :)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio