Sunday, April 01, 2012

In My Mailbox 7

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren and originally inspired by Alea at Pop Culture Junkie, used to showcase the books we bought, borrowed, got for review...



Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen
Graceling by Kristin Cashore
Wintergirls bt Laurie Halse Anderson

Last week I swung by my library again... Who knew they had such awesome titles? I have to admit, Along for the Ride will be the first book I read by Sarah Dessen. But it's better late than never! I'm pretty excited to see how it is for myself.

I've seen a lot of excitement for Bitterblue lately, so of course I couldn't resist getting the first one. I have absolutely no idea of what it's about, but I love going into books completely blind, so that's no problem. That's actually the Spanish version, but they've mercifully kept the original title.

And then Wintergirls (whose Spanish title is Frío aka: Cold. No comments.). I've heard su many good things about this book, I can't wait to read it! It seems like something that'll make me think for some time.

10 comments:

nea barabea said...

I haven't read Graceling neither, YET. I have it home since November and still haven't read it. Such a shame :/ :P But then again, I still have time :)

Great mailbox!! :) Enjoy your books this week :)

Hazal said...

I absoloutely love Along for the Ride!!! It's my second favourite out of all of Sarah D's books! I really hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

thecheapreader said...

I hope you love Graceling as much as I did! Happy reading.

Alison at The Cheap Reader

Jenni @ Alluring Reads said...

All of these look like promising reads, I can't wait to see what you think of them!

Come visit My very first IMM.

Mimi Valentine said...

Oh my gosh, GRACELING!! I can't believe you haven't read that book yet but now I'm so glad that you are -- that series is home to one of the coolest fantasy worlds ever! It may start out a little slow and confusing at first, but I promise that it gets so much better! (And don't be fooled by the silly name Prince Po -- he's actually SUCH a swoon-worthy character LOL ♥)!

I'm in love with my library just like you are -- it saves me from going completely broke all the time! x) It's also so cool how Along for the Ride is your very first Sarah Dessen novel because it was my first one too! It's absolutely ADORABLE, so I hope you like it. And I still need to find out what Wintergirls (a.k.a. Spanish Cold LOL!) is about! Can't wait for your review! :)

You will forever be one of the SWEETEST bloggers out there, Sophie!! :') Seriously, honestly. Your mailbox is full of awesomeness, and I hope that the rest of your week is just as amazing! A million hearts to you, ♥ Mimi

Lea said...

I did read Graceling and it was a fun fantasy-type story, and I definitely want to read Cold! Enjoy the books you got this week :)

You can check out my IMM video and post for this week at the link below :) Happy Reading!!

Lea @ LC's Adventures in Libraryland

chelleyreads said...

graceling is one of my all-time faves--hope you enjoy it as much as i did. great books this week! enjoy! :)

my IMM this week.

-michelle

Shae Carcar said...

I love the cover of graceling but have yet to read it! I'll be on the lookout for your review on it!

Shae @ Understanding Shae's Story

Miss Page-Turner said...

I'm waiting for your review of ALONG FOR THE RIDE, I haven't picked up my copy yet. Hope you like GRACELING better than I did. I read the German version and didn't like it at all :( Have a good start into the week x

Fats Suela from Gathering Books said...

I've seen Graceling a few times in the bookstore. I'll check it out next time I stop by. Happy reading!

Here's My IMM. :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I'd love to hear your thoughts, and I appreciate each and every comment. I always try to comment on your blog in return :)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio