Monday, April 23, 2012

Monday evening news

♔ Big evening news! Michelle Hodkin has revealed the cover for The Evolution of Mara Dyer! GORGEOUS.


♔ They've released the book trailer of Struck and I even got goosebumps while watching it. Book trailers are getting better and better these days!


♔ The fantastic book of The Immortal Rules has been optioned for a movie! Of course that doesn't mean anything, but since it can mean EVERYTHING, it's an excellent reason to get excited about it all over again. I mean, come on! Seeing Allie, Zeke, Kaidan in a movie? Gosh. So much awesomeness. Read Julie Kagawa's original post!

♔ Today is the big, big day for readers. Today is the International Day of the Book, St George's Day, the day when all the bookstores go out on the streets on bookstalls and sell books, when everyone buys books. Here in Catalonia it's also the day of lovers, our original Valentine's Day. It's traditional that men give a rose to women, and women gift them in return with books. I've always found it so sweet! Today I went to Barcelona to hunt for English YA books (sadly, there are just a few bookstores with little stock). It was packed! Here are some photos:



 

And here are the treasures I found while hunting:

8 comments:

Miss Page-Turner said...

Loooooooooooove the Mara Dyer cover, but I can't believe I missed the moment it was revealed!

The Struck trailer is really good! The book was ok though, nothing special to me.

And the idea to exchange flowers for books is adorably sweet! Another reason to love Spain (and of course Catalonia;))

Miss Page-Turner said...

THE FAULT IN OUR STARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(Sorry, I'm just so enthusiastic about this story)

Mimi Valentine said...

Hehe, Monday EVENING news -- I love it, Soph! ♥

The cover for The Evolution of Mara Dyer is Gorgeous with a capital G -- I'm so happy that they used the same sort of effect as the first cover! And ohmysweetgoodness, that trailer for Struck! I've read some not-so-positive things about that book lately so I wasn't sure if I was going to pick it up, but now I'm excited all over again! :)

I had no idea that it was the International Day of the Book -- and also (Mimi) Valentine's Day where you live! Both Jay Asher and John Green are pros at writing touching books, so I hope you love them and have a fantastic rest-of-the-day too, Sophie! :) ♥

Celine said...

OHMYGOODNESS, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING THIS POST, Sophie! ♥ I would never have known the cover of The Evolution of Mara Dyer if you didnt' post it! EEEEEEEE, it's GORGEOUS. I love underwater covers, they are super awesome. Well now I'm convinced to buy this book in hardcover again to match my hardcover copy of The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer! ;)

Hilda K said...

I LOVE the cover for The Evolution of Mara Dyer! How their hands reach for each other - isn't it the loveliest cover? I know that I need to grab my copy of The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer soon! This series sounds too amazing to miss! x)

Aww, Spain's version of Valentine's Day is very sweet! ♥ I know that I'd spend great times choosing a book for the gift! Oh, and the festive photos are so cute. Can the girl chooses the colour for her rose, or will the guy make it a surprise? :)

Thanks for sharing, Sophie! This is not Monday anymore but I hope you have a wonderful day! ♥

Arila said...

La tradición de San Jordi en Cataluña de regalar una rosa y un libro siempre me ha encantado, aquí en general no se suele notar mucho que es el día del libro. Me recuerda más a la feria del libro con los puestos en la calle, es algo que me encanta XD

Por cierto, los dos libros que te has comprado les tengo MUCHAS ganas! A mi no me dio tiempo a pasarme por la librería...

Un beso! :)

Ajoop. S said...

Loving the cover of The Evolution of Mara Dyer! And I LOVE the sound of St. George's day! Thanks so much for posting about it! Makes me want to move to Spain! Thirteen Reasons Why and The Fault in Our Stars are both AMAZING. Hope you enjoy reading them ♥

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com said...

What a cool tradition! I love it! I'm off to tell Mr. Whimsy about it! I think I'm going to adopt this and give him a book every Valentine's.

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I'd love to hear your thoughts, and I appreciate each and every comment. I always try to comment on your blog in return :)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio