Monday, April 09, 2012

Monday morning news

♔ New covers! They are certainly pretty, but I don't find them as appealing as other recent covers. My favorite is without a doubt Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter. I've read books about her, and I can't wait to see what she has to show in the YA genre. Although I have to say I'm not too fond of zombies...

    

    

♔ Onto the SUPER AWESOME trailers. The first one is of The Immortal City, and all I can say after watching it is that I need to read it as soon as possible. It's really something! The one of Of Poseidon is very simple, but beautiful at the same time. And I can't say much of Insurgent because I haven't read Divergent yet and I wouldn't want to get spoiled.




♔ The first images of the Hush, Hush graphic novel are out! You can see them here. And a little teaser... :




♔ As a celebration of Kai's birthday, Marissa Meyer has posted on her blog an excerpt of Cinder's sequel, Scarlet. *cue fangirling* To tell you the truth I was a bit worried whether our two lovely main characters from Cinder would appear on the next book or not. After all, the second books is a retelling of Red Riding Hood! But I think I won't have to worry about that anymore :D
He should have been sleeping, but after countless hours of staring at the shadows above his bed, he’d finally given up and decided to come here and attempt to do something productive. He was dying for a distraction. Any distraction.
Anything to chase away the thoughts that kept rotating around in his brain.
So much for those good intentions.
Taking in a measured breath, Kai glanced up at the empty office. It was supposed to be his father’s office, but the room struck Kai as far too extravagant to be a place for work. Three ornate tasseled lanterns were lined up on a red-and-gold ceiling, hand-painted with elegant dragons. A holographic fireplace was set into the wall to his left. A sitting area with carved cypress furniture surrounded a miniature bar in the far corner. Silent videos of Kai’s mother shimmered from picture frames by the door, sometimes paired with flashes of Kai growing up, and sometimes all three of them together.
Nothing had changed since his father’s death, except the room’s owner.
And perhaps the smell. Kai seemed to recall the aroma of his father’s aftershave, but now there was the distinct stench of bleach and chemicals—remnants of the cleaning crew scrubbing the room raw after his father first had contracted letumosis, the plague that had killed hundreds of thousands of people all over Earth in the past decade.
Kai’s attention fell from the pictures and snagged on the small metal foot that sat on the corner of his desk, its joints caked with grease. Like a revolving wheel, his thoughts came full-circle yet again. 
Linh Cinder.
Read the post on her blog here! 

5 comments:

Mel - Thedailyprophecy. said...

A shimmer of Angels & Alice in Zombieland are my favorite covers :) And Mystic City is okay. The other ones aren't my taste.

And I'm wondering why I never look at book trailers.. They are great!

Mimi Valentine said...

Oh my gosh, my favourite cover released this week has to be Alice in Zombieland too! I just love the design and her dress and the fact that it was written by Gena Showalter. And that excerpt from Scarlet made me squeal -- I'm so glad that the prince we know and love is still in the next book!! I love Prince Kai so much ♥

But I can't believe you haven't read Divergent yet, Sophie!! That book was one of my absolute FAVOURITES of all time (it was actually voted Best Book of 2011 on Goodreads, so you know it's not just me LOL) and I think you need to drop everything to read it before Insurgent comes out so you can cheer about it along with me! ;)

You always make my Mondays start out with a ton of fangirling LOL! x) Thanks so much for sharing these, Sophie! ♥

Hilda K said...

Oh, Mystic City's cover is sooo lovely! Thank you so much for posting the trailer, Sophie! I have Immortal City waiting for me on my bookshelf, and the trailer makes me even more eager to read it NOW! I can't wait to read Hush, Hush graphic novel, though I'm not really in favor with the drawing. I prefer manga style like Mortal Instruments graphic novel. :D

Thank you for sharing, Sophie! :)

Carina said...

Since last week I've been dying to read ALICE IN ZOMBIELAND - it sounds so awesome and the cover is way too gorgeous. :D Also love the trailer of IMMORTAL CITY. Thanks for sharing!

Carina

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews) said...

Alice in Zombieland has a great cover! I don't read zombie books, though. *shudder* Can't wait for Insurgent!! :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I'd love to hear your thoughts, and I appreciate each and every comment. I always try to comment on your blog in return :)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio