Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (10)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Breaking the Spine and it's used to showcase the upcoming releases we're excited about.


The Firelight series by Sophie Jordan are one of my all-time favorites. The first book was AMAZING. And in amazing, I mean everything I've ever wanted in a book. The first two books have something in common; they both end in cliffhangers. I read the second last summer, and now I can't wait for the third one!


Hidden (Firelight #3) by Sophie Jordan 

Jacinda was supposed to bond with Cassian, the "prince" of their pride. But she resisted long before she fell in love with Will—a human and, worse, a hunter. When she ran away with Will, it ended in disaster, with Cassian's sister, Miram, captured. Weighed down by guilt, Jacinda knows she must rescue her to set things right. Yet to do so she will have to venture deep into the heart of enemy territory.

The only way Jacinda can reach Miram is by posing as a prisoner herself, though once she assumes that disguise, things quickly spiral out of her control. As she learns more about her captors, she realizes that even if Will and Cassian can carry out their part of the plan, there's no guarantee they'll all make it out alive. But what Jacinda never could have foreseen is that escaping would be only the beginning....

Loyalties are tested and sacrifices made in the explosive conclusion to Sophie Jordan's Firelight trilogy.

9 comments:

Patricia said...

Oooh, I still have to read the first and second book in the series, but I definitely plan to! Nice pick! :)

Patricia // My WOW

Vicky said...

I haven't read this series yet but it looks so gorgeous! *.* I'll have to check these books out.

My WoW

Vicky
Books, Biscuits, and Tea

Mimi Valentine said...

Oh my gosh, same here!!! I absolutely LOVE this series because the whole draki idea is so cool and original and just plain awesome! ;) (Dragons have always been one of my faves!) LOL and yes, both of the first two books ended on cliffhangers so of course I'm really excited to find out what happens to all of them. I adore Cassian, but I'll forever be TEAM WILL! ♥

Amazing pick for your WOW this week, Sophie! Just a few more months until this release date, then we can get our Will fix and beam like crazy! :)

Hilda K said...

I haven't read this series but OMG the covers are soooo beautiful! I love red hair! If I ever dye my hair, I think I'd choose red LOL! <3 If you enjoy this series so much, I think I have to give it a go! Amazing pick, Sophie! <3

Jenn Renee said...

great choice, love this series. my wow http://jennreneeread.blogspot.com/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday-10-spirits.html new follower.

Lauren0025 said...

Great pick! I've had this series on my TBR list for, forever. I really need to find time to start it.

Here's my WoW

Mel - Thedailyprophecy. said...

I haven't read this serie, but it's still high on my list. I like the covers of the books.

http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.com/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday-9.html

Brittani said...

Great pick! This was my WoW last week! I'm super excited for it! :)

My WoW

-Brittani

Carina said...

Seeing this, I can't believe I haven't started reading this series yet. Totally need to get copies of the first two books soon, because EVERYONE loves them. :D

Hope you'll like the third book once you get to it! :)

Carina

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I'd love to hear your thoughts, and I appreciate each and every comment. I always try to comment on your blog in return :)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio