Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (12)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Breaking the Spine and it's used to showcase the upcoming releases we're excited about.


I have a particularly lovely friend who is super excited about Storm, and now I've caught her enthusiasm and I'm also dying to read it. As much as I love fantasy and paranormal creatures, I think the theme that I like the most is powers. And here they have the different elements (fire, water, earth and air) for powers! I can't wait to see how they are played out on the book. 


Storm (Elemental #1) by Brigid Kemmerer
Earth, Fire, Air, Water – they have more power than you dream.

Ever since her ex-boyfriend spread those lies about her, Becca Chandler is suddenly getting all the guys—all the ones she doesn't want. Then she saves Chris Merrick from a beating in the school parking lot. Chris is different. Way different: he can control water—just like his brothers can control fire, wind, and earth. They’re powerful. Dangerous. Marked for death.

And now that she knows the truth, so is Becca.

Secrets are hard to keep when your life’s at stake. When Hunter, the mysterious new kid around school, turns up with a talent for being in the wrong place at the right time, Becca thinks she can trust him. But then Hunter goes head-to-head with Chris, and Becca wonders who’s hiding the most dangerous truth of all.

The storm is coming . . .

14 comments:

Sam said...

Great choice! I have seen this book getting a lot of praise from some of my favourite bloggers so I can't wait to see what all the fuss is about. :)

Carina said...

I've been hearing really good things about this book, so I'm quite excited to get to it, too. Awesome pick! :)

Vicky said...

I've never been particularly fond of paranormal books for some reason but I know lots of people are looking forward to this one! :) I hope you'll like it! xxx

roro said...

i loved i loved it
hope u do soon
gr8 wow

Unknown said...

Ooh, I knew this book was about 4 brothers, but I didn't realize they represented the elements! How cool is that! Great pick :)

Jessica @ Books: A true story

Deidra M said...

Oooo! I'm very intrigued. This is such a great pick.
My WoW

Mel - Thedailyprophecy. said...

I'm more intrigued by the synopsis than the cover. I like the colors, but there is something about it that wouldn't make me pick up this book in the store.

The whole element thing sounds good, so I think I'm going to give it a shot anyways :) Great pick!

Mimi Valentine said...

SOPHIE! STORM! SOPHIE! STOOOORM! Oh my good goshness, Soph, this has to be one of the books I'm most excited for this year!! You look at the cover and you don't expect anything too special, but the synopsis and the excitement and the super-awesome novella (which I'm so happy you loved too!) point to awesomeness of a WHOLE other level! ;)

(Although I have to admit that the guys on the cover are really hot LOL)

This was the most PERFECT pick for your WOW this week, Sophie -- thank goodness we only have one more week to go! x) And about your lovely friend... She sounds very lovely ♥ LOL :')

Patricia said...

The last line is so powerful, imo! I really want to read this book! :)

Patricia // My WOW

ashelynn hetland said...

I am so excited for STORM! I have a review copy, just need to read it now! I hope you enjoy it when you get it. :)

my WOW.

Gianna said...

Ahhh this sounds great, Sophie! :) I've been waiting for this too. I love the idea of having the elements as powers :D

Mariann at Belle's Book Bag said...

Great choice!!! I am waiting for this to be released also!!
Here is my WoW: http://bellesbookbag.blogspot.com/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday_18.html

Hilda K said...

Aaah, I can't wait to read this book either! With all the fuss on this book, I just hope that it's as much AWESOME as the other bloggers said! Plus, I hope the guys are really SWOON materials! <3

AMAZING pick, Sophie! :)

Imo said...

This is one my to-read list as well, good choice1

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I'd love to hear your thoughts, and I appreciate each and every comment. I always try to comment on your blog in return :)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio