Sunday, May 06, 2012

Book Haul 1

Book Haul is a weekly feature inspired by Alea at Pop Culture Junkie, used to showcase the books we bought, borrowed, got for review...

For review

   

Code Name Verity by Elisabeth Vein
One Moment by Kristina McBride

Both of them looked amazing, and after reading each of their summaries I really couldn't resist requesting them on Netgalley. So glad I have the chance to read them early, enjoy and experience their awesomeness.

Won


Sweet Evil signed bookmarks and bookplate

I actually won a giveaway by the awesome sweet author Wendy Higgins! So glad, and I was jumping all around the room when they arrived. SO pretty!

Bought

     

Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins
Until I Die by Ami Plum

Sweet Evil! *flails* The cover is just so pretty and gorgeous I have it on my desk all the time so I can watch it and maybe fangirl some more. It's the book I'm most anticipating of my TBR list, hopefully I can finish the ones I'm reading right now and getting on it SOON! And then Until I Die, which came like a surprise because I didn't really remember its release date, but it was nice anyway. I'm currently reading it, hopefully I'll like it more than the first book.

And of course here's my copy of Sweet Evil with the bookplate! <3 Oh, and guess which bookmarks I'll be using when reading it? Gosh, reading a book with matching bookmarks --- excited!

10 comments:

Mimi Valentine said...

Hehe, you and your adorable Sweet Evil love -- I'm so happy you finally have that book, Soph! It was SO SWEET (and awesome with an English drummer, as I made sure you knew LOL), and it's like icing on an already awesome cake that you won gorgeous signed bookmarks from Wendy too! I usually just use paper scraps when marking my place in a book, so whenever I get actual bookmarks, I can't help but hug it too! x)

And Until I Die! I liked that book so much more than the first one, so fingers crossed that I'm not the odd duck out :')

Beautiful mailbox this week, Sophie! <3 I hope you have a fabulous rest-of-your-Sunday, and I will be sure to stalk you again soon! :)

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

i'd love to read sweet evil!! Thanks for sharing!!

My post is here:
Sunday Shout Out

Gianna said...

OMG! Sweet Evil! Ahhhhh! I can't wait to see what you think of it :DD <33 I also got a bookplate and bookmarks from Wendy. Isn't she just a doll?

I got CNV a while back but I haven't really looked into it >.<

Can't wait to see your thoughts on all these awesome books! Happy reading, Sophie! <33

xoxo,
Gianna

Miss Page-Turner said...

Awesome bookmarks!Enjoy SWEET EVIL and tell me all about it;) I think I need to order a copy, too

Ajoop. S said...

SWEET EVIL looks amazing :) And woot, signed bookmarks and bookplate! Can't wait for your review on it :D

The Dancing Reader said...

I got Code Name Verity last week =) It sounds great! I've heard great things about Sweet Evil! Happy reading! My Weekly Book Haul: http://thedancingreaderreviews.blogspot.com/2012/05/weekly-book-haul-15.html

Sam said...

Great haul Sophie! I'm really looking forward to reading Sweet Evil myself! I've heard good thing so hopefully I'm not disappointed. :) Code Name Verity sounds pretty good right? I know a lot of people have already read and loved that book. Happy reading!

Darlene said...

Excellent book haul, Sophie! I also got Code Name Verity from Netgalley and am very excited to be reading it in the near future. I also want to read Sweet Evil, so I cant wait to hear your review of that! Thanks for sharing your books! Have a great week! :)

Darlene @ Leather Bound and Lovely

velvetmorning82 said...

I am reading at the moment Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins and it is so good. I think i was close to kiss the mailman when the book delivered lol Dont you think that those bookmarks are soo pretty too? (i have around 3 too when Wendy send me over)

I haven't read yet Until I Die by Ami Plum but its my plans too =)

Here is My Books this week!

Have a nice day =)

Arila said...

Sweet Evil tiene buena pinta, espero que nos cuentes qué tal :) ¡Qué suerte que te haya tocado el sorteo! ¿Es como una pegatina con la firma de la autora o algo así? Mola! :D
Un beso :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I'd love to hear your thoughts, and I appreciate each and every comment. I always try to comment on your blog in return :)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio