Monday, May 14, 2012

Monday morning news

♔ Breathtaking new covers this week! First, the most gorgeous without a doubt, Asunder. While, in my opinion, doesn't surpass the first one, it has me seriously smitten with it. And I'm incredibly excited about Fearless, Hunter's story in the Elemental series.

    

♔ Trailers! Skylark has me quite intrigued, although I'm waiting for reviews to come out so I can make my decision. The trailer in itself... Not the best. It's sad that it was only text! Hemlock's is short, but I think it's very nice.




♔ Author Jennifer L. Armentrout, author of Half-Blood and Obsidian, has released the first chapters of Cursed, which apparently is a standalone novel. I'm actually interested in this one, since Armentrout and me had a bumpy start (is that even an expression? whatever) ever since I started reading Half-Blood, which I found too similar to Vampire Academy for my taste (but liked the action in the story) and read the first chapters of Obsidian, which failed to capture my interest. Hoping for a better end with Cursed. I'll keep my eyes on it! Go here to read the first sample chapters.

♔ Tahereh Mafi, seriously one of the most awesome authors out there, has made a new vlog with seriously good news about her Shatter Me series. Read her original post.


♔ Mimi from Mimi Valentine wrote an awesome post about writing reviews. I found it very nice and thoughtful, and I loved reading everyone's opinion on the process. Read her BookTalk101: How to write reviews! post. Oh, and she's also having a May giveaway. You can win one of the books listed on her post or any of your choosing under 20USD!

8 comments:

Hilda K said...

I love the cover of Asunder though I prefer Incarnate. It's so beautiful still! <3 Ooh, Fearless has such gorgeous cover! I have a thing for blonde guy, so I can't help staring at the cover! The book trailers are simply awesome, thank you for posting them! Mimi's Book Talk 101 is very lovely. Like you, I love hearing everyone's opinion about writing review! <3

Love your Monday Morning News, Sophie! :)

Celine said...

I have been waiting for this post since last week and OMG, can I just say how GORGEOUS Asunder's cover is? I've got Incarnate sitting on my shelf and I need to find the perfect time to read it! And I recently got Disharmony and I love the book trailer! Hopefully I'll enjoy the book too! FEARLESS!!! I am dying to read this book & written from Hunter's POV? Count me in!

Awesome post, Sophie! <3 Can't wait for next week's Monday Morning News! ;)

Marta M. said...

I love the cover of Asunder, it's so unique. I do really want to read Hemlock, it looks awesome. I haven't read Shatter Me (shame on me) but the author looks so kind :)

Arila said...

La primera portada es preciosa!! Los libros de los trailers no los conocía, esperaré a leer reseñas a ver que tal. Qué simpática es Tahereh Mafi ^^
¡Un beso!

Mimi Valentine said...

Oh my gosh, I WANT TO HUG YOU NOW SO MUCH! <3 I blinked like crazy when I say that you mentioned me in your Monday Morning post -- it brightened my Monday even more than usual!! Thankyouthankyouthankyou for being so awesome, Sophie! :')

I liked the cover of Incarnate a bitter better too, but the one for Asunder (which is such a cool name!) still looks so gorgeous! And I had no idea that JLA released the first few chapters for Cursed!! As soon as I'm done being excited about everything in your post, I'm definitely heading over there to read them!

I love your MM posts, you know that? I hope you're having a wonderful Monday, Soph! <3 :)

Mel - Thedailyprophecy. said...

The cover from asunder <3 The coloring is so pretty! And I really like your monday posts.

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com said...

lloooooooove the VN cover! I'm SOOOo off to investigate and add it to my TBR.

BTW, I love your look. It's seriously adorable. Pink stripes :) Perfect!

Sarah (saz101) said...

Oh my goodness, most insanely awesome covers EVER! I LOVE the cover for Asunder. Not *quite* as much as Incarnate, but the colours are SOOO pretty!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I'd love to hear your thoughts, and I appreciate each and every comment. I always try to comment on your blog in return :)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio