Monday, May 28, 2012

Monday morning news

♔ New covers~ The Carnival of Souls looks absolutely awesome, with the mask and the fire and all. There's an excerpt, for those interested. And Dualed's cover looks nice, too!

    

♔ The absolutely exquisite and delightfully gorgeous cover of Days of Blood and Starlight (Daughter of Smoke and Bone #2) has been released! I honestly can't fangirl enough over it. I can't wait until I have it sitting side by side with the first one. Two of my favorite covers!

In this stunning sequel to the highly acclaimed "Daughter of Smoke and Bone," Karou must come to terms with who and what she is, and how far she'll go to avenge her people. Filled with heartbreak and beauty, mysteries and secrets, new characters and old favorites, Days of Blood and Starlight brings the richness, color and intensity of the first book to a brand new canvas.
♔ Author Kim Harrington has announced her new standalone book, set to be coming out on January 2013. You can read the original author's post here!

Jade loves the house she's just moved into with her family. She doesn't even mind being the new girl at the high school: It's a fresh start, and there's that one guy with the dreamy blue eyes... But then things begin happening. Strange, otherworldly things. Jade's little brother claims to see a glimmering girl in his room. Jade's jewelry gets moved around, as if by an invisible hand. Kids at school whisper behind her back like they know something she doesn't.
Soon, Jade must face an impossible fact: that her perfect house is haunted. Haunted by a ghost who's seeking not just vengeance, but the truth. The ghost of a girl who ruled Jade's school -- until her untimely death last year. It's up to Jade to put the pieces together before her own life is at stake. As Jade investigates the mystery, she discovers that her new friends in town have more than a few deep, dark secrets. But is one of them a murderer?

♔ Michelle Hodkin posted an extra scene of The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer on her blog! It's from Noah's POV, about their first meeting. You can read it here. (May contain spoilers for those who haven't read the book!)

♔ Third book's title of the Hourglass series by Myria McEntire has been officially confirmed! It'll be called Infinityglass. Right now we only know it'll come out on 2013.

8 comments:

Sam said...

I am so excited for City of A Thousand Dolls! It sounds amazing and that cover is gorgeous. I also adore the cover for Days of Blood & Starlight. It's nice to see some of the cover trends starting to dissolve... I love all of these. :)

Hilda K said...

*shiver* I think I'm going to pass The Dead and Buried. It doesn't sound like my kind of book since I'm very easily scared. :P I really like the cover for Days of Blood and Starlight. Totally awesome. <3 I can't wait for Carnival of Souls. LOVE the cover and the blurb!

Lovely Monday morning news, Sophie! I do feel like reading news from a newspaper, only the news are all about books! x)

Arila said...

Me tengo que leer el primer libro de Laini Taylor YA! Se me acumulan ^^ La portada del segundo es preciosa, me encanta! Los tres primeros no los conozco, pero las portadas me llaman la atención...
¡Un besito! :)

Mel - Thedailyprophecy. said...

City of a thousand dolls, such a beautiful cover! And I love the sound of Dualed. Infinity glass, sounds great :) Thanks for sharing this ^^

Mimi Valentine said...

I love the whole dark & dreary & GORGEOUS theme with this week's covers -- and oh my gosh, Days of Blood and Starlight definitely deserves to be enlarged because it's just so stunning! I can't believe we have to wait so long for it to come out since the cover is like a teaser on its own, but at least that will give us time to re-read DoSaB a million times before then, right? :') And as a girl who loves Kim Harrington's other series, thank you so much for sharing her new book, Soph!! It looks so good!

This Monday here we're in the high thirties (Celcius), so I'm kind of sweating buckets haha x) I hope a sunny Sunday is gracing Spain too, Sophie! Have a wonderful day! ♥

Linny @ Linnys Literature said...

Wow, the cover of Days of Blood & Starlight is so beautiful! Definitely lives up to the first book, which I really need to read.. The Dead and Buried looks interesting too. Thanks for sharing all these cool covers and interesting news! :)

Gabby said...

The cover for Blood & Starlight ( as well as that tile) is SO beautiful! and I am bursting with excitement for dead and buried I love ghosts stories! Amazing Picks Sophie :)

Jennifer said...

I like the mystique that all these covers have. Thanks for sharing :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I'd love to hear your thoughts, and I appreciate each and every comment. I always try to comment on your blog in return :)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio