Sunday, May 20, 2012

Showcase Sunday 1

Showcase Sunday is a weekly feature inspired by Alea at Pop Culture Junkie and hosted by Vicky at Books, Biscuits and Tea, used to showcase the books we bought, borrowed, got for review...

Hehehe finally decided to join Vicky's Showcase Sunday! "Book Haul" was just a bit boring. And now I have memes for Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday with the day's name on the titles. Good grief.

For review

    

♔ Blackwood by Gwenda Bond
Cat Girl's Day Off by Kimberly Pauley
Semi-Charmed Life by Nora Zelevansky

    
    
♔ A Charmed Life by Jenny B. Jones
♔ Rape Girl by Alina Klein
Music from Beyond the Moon by Augusta Trobaugh

I think I haven't heard from any of these books, but I'm really excited to be able to read them! Cat Girl's Day Off sounded unbelievably cute I had to request it as soon as I read its summary. Semi-Charmed Life also sounds great (look at the cover! It's in watercolors! -yeah, I paint-). And then there's A Charmed Life, with its almost identical title, that I hope is a good read, too.

Bought

  

ExtraNormal by Suze Reese
Preservation by Rachel Wade

These two beauties were free on kindle some time this week, and I didn't hesitate one moment and bought them. I've already read and loved ExtraNormal. And I have high expectations for Preservation!

11 comments:

roro said...

enjoy allll

Shan @ Teatime Books said...

Awesome Showcase Sunday! Semi-charmed life has such a pretty cover, looking forward to hearing about what you think about it (:

My Showcase Sunday!

Mimi Valentine said...

I've never heard of any of those books before either but WOW am I ever excited to read them now! And not just because they all have such stunning covers, although I agree with you completely about the one for Semi-Charmed Life. Totally squee-worthy! But I had no idea that you're a painter like I am, Soph -- that's one more thing on my long list of Reasons Why Sophie Rocks! <3

(I almost thought that Charmed Life and Semi-Charmed Life were a part of a series or something because the covers are so similar as well as the titles LOL!)

And I'm really happy to hear that ExtraNormal is extra good -- that's another awesome cover in your awesome showcase for this week! Hehe, I love how we joined SS at the same time. Plain old book haul was getting a little boring for me too! ;) I hope you and your sister are having a beautiful weekend, Sophie! <3 *hugs*

Jennifer said...

Awesome covers. A lot of these are new to me so thanks for sharing. Great haul, girl :)

Jennifer @ Dream Reads

Carina said...

Except for BLACKWOOD I haven't heard of any of these, so I'm really looking forward to what you think of them! :) Happy reading!

Hilda K said...

Oh, so many amazing books, Sophie! I haven't seen most of them, and now I can't wait to read your review! Yay, you got Cat Girl's Day Off! I adore cat, so I'm so giddy to read it! Hopefully we both will enjoy it! <3

LOL, Semi-Charmed Life and A Charmed Life do have very similar titles, now you point it out! :) Both feature girls with sunglasses on her face too! Music from Beyond the Moon has such lovely cover! <3

Happy reading, Sophie! I hope you enjoy all your amazing books! :)

Ajoop. S said...

Looking forward to your reviews on Rape Girl and Cat Girl's Day Off. I'm unsure about whether to pick up both. I love the covers of A Charmed Life and Semi-Charmed Life. Enjoy your reads, Sophie! Hope you have an awesometastic week!

Mel - Thedailyprophecy. said...

The cover from Semi-charmed life! <# I love watercolors :D

And I'm glad that you loved ExtraNormal! Happy reading with the rest, I hope they are as good as that one :D

Miss Page-Turner said...

Nice! You got a great bunch of books this week. Really like the cover of semi-charmed life:)

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

i see a few books i have never heard of before! enjoy!!

Thanks for stopping by my
Sunday Shout Out

Vicky @ Books, Biscuits, and Tea said...

I haven't heard of these books either but they look super cute! Cat Girl's Day Off and Rape Girl sound really good!!

Also, welcome to Showcase Sunday! :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I'd love to hear your thoughts, and I appreciate each and every comment. I always try to comment on your blog in return :)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio