Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (14)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Breaking the Spine and it's used to showcase the upcoming releases we're excited about.


I love retellings and while the tale of the princess and the frog is not my favorite out there I'm curious to see how it turns out to be in YA. I've read many good reviews about it, so here's to hope it's as awesome as it sounds!


Enchanted by Alethea Kontis
It isn't easy being the rather overlooked and unhappy youngest sibling to sisters named for the other six days of the week. Sunday’s only comfort is writing stories, although what she writes has a terrible tendency to come true.

When Sunday meets an enchanted frog who asks about her stories, the two become friends. Soon that friendship deepens into something magical. One night Sunday kisses her frog goodbye and leaves, not realizing that her love has transformed him back into Rumbold, the crown prince of Arilland—and a man Sunday’s family despises.

The prince returns to his castle, intent on making Sunday fall in love with him as the man he is, not the frog he was. But Sunday is not so easy to woo. How can she feel such a strange, strong attraction for this prince she barely knows? And what twisted secrets lie hidden in his past - and hers?

17 comments:

velvetmorning82 said...

This sounds very interesting? I am going to add this as well to GR (when is the date of the release btw?) =)

Here is mine WoW

Nick said...

Sounds very intriguing. I haven't heard of it before, but I'll definitely check it out :)

My WoW
http://nicksbookblog93.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday-16-of-poseidon-by.html

Vicky @ Books, Biscuits, and Tea said...

I don't think I've read much retellings but it sounds really interesting! :)

My WoW

Hilda K said...

Great pick, Sophie! I've been waiting on this book too. The premise is really good and I keep reading amazing things about this book. Plus, the cover is just simply gorgeous. It never hurts to judge a book by its cover first, right? ;)

Tanya Patrice said...

Ooh love the cover & this sounds good. I love this twist on the fairytale.

Tanya
Girlxoxo.com

Marta Coke Smile said...

I adore the cover it looks so pretty. I haven't read much retellings so I migt give it a chance

Fara said...

Eeepppp!!! Yeah. Can't wait for Enchanted. Awesome pick! :D

Drop by my WoW? :D

Ajoop. S said...

This one sounds amaazing! I read reviews about it in a couple of places and was instantly wow-ed! I LOVE fairytale-retellings! I'd love to read this book! Awesome pick, Sophie!

Dani said...

This book does sound good! I may be adding it to my own TBR list.
Thanks for sharing,
Dani
http://paulettespapers.com/?p=1993

Tribute Books said...

Great cover and choice, enjoy!

http://tributebooksreviews.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday.html

Darlene said...

This is on my TBR list and I just can’t wait to read it. It sounds like such a cute, modern day fairytale. I look forward to finding out how this YA retelling of Princess and the Frog works out!

Darlene @ Leather Bound and Lovely

A Beautiful Madness said...

Enchanted sounds really good. I really like the cover. Great pick!
New Follower =)
Em
My WoW

Mel - Thedailyprophecy. said...

Ahhhhh, great pick. This one is so high on my list. I'm going to buy it as soon as possible, because it sounds amazing. I'm already in love with the cover and I love the fact that it's about the frog prince :D <33

http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday-12-erin-jade-lange.html

Mimi Valentine said...

I ADORED THIS BOOK! It was just such a sweet and fun and adorable book, and the only reason it isn't my favourite fairytale re-telling of the year is because I read Kill Me Softly (which was epic personified) -- otherwise this one definitely would've been up there! Grumble/Rumbold made me smile, and Sunday was just so endearing. I hope you love this as much as I did, Sophie! :)

AMAZING pick for your WOW this week, Soph, and have a fantastic Wednesday! <3

Sam said...

Great pick Sophie! I read this book a while ago and thought it was such a sweet read. It's a lovely story and I hope you enjoy it too! Isn't the cover just amazing? ;)

Arila said...

¡Uy! A mi me encanta leer retellings, así que este queda apuntadísimo. ¡Tiene buenísima pinta! Si te digo la verdad la historia de la princesa y el sapo la conozco como por culturilla popular pero de pequeña nunca leí el cuento realmente :O Gracias por el descubrimiento :D
Un beso! :)

Ebony Black Lines said...

I love your blog i hope you like mine :)
stop by sometime?

http://ebonyblacklines.blogspot.co.uk/ x

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I'd love to hear your thoughts, and I appreciate each and every comment. I always try to comment on your blog in return :)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio