Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (15)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Breaking the Spine and it's used to showcase the upcoming releases we're excited about.


I wasn't that sure about this book... Until I read the summary. Seriously, the myth of Adam and Eve (reversed) and with a little bit of sci-fi. Count me in! Eve an Adam sounds all kinds of amazing to me.


Eve and Adam by Katherine Applegate and Michael Grant
Sixteen-year-old Evening Spiker lives an affluent life in San Francisco with her mother, EmmaRose, a successful geneticist and owner of Spiker Biotech. Sure, Evening misses her father who died mysteriously, but she’s never really questioned it. Much like how she’s never stopped to think how off it is that she’s never been sick. That is, until she’s struck by a car and is exposed to extensive injuries. Injuries that seem to be healing faster than physically possible.

While recuperating in Spiker Biotech’s lush facilities, she meets Solo Plissken, a very attractive, if off-putting boy her age who spent his life at Spiker Biotech. Like Evening, he’s never questioned anything...until now. Solo drops hints to Evening that something isn’t right, and Emma-Rose may be behind it. Evening puts this out of her mind and begins her summer internship project: To simulate the creation of the perfect boy. With the help of Solo, Evening uncovers secrets so big they could change the world completely.

18 comments:

Arila said...

Hey Sunhee! :)
Lo descubrí hace poco y a mí también me llama mucho la atención! Me parece original que se basa en el mito de Adam y Eva. Lo leeremos, lo leeremos... ;)
¡Un beso!

Jennifer Messerschmidt said...

I'm waiting on this one too! All the genetics and internship creating a perfect boy! Sounds cool! Also mystery and secrets!
My WOW

Chrissie (Once Upon a Series) said...

Ooh, I haven't heard of this one before but it sounds good! Great pick :)

Pocketful of Books said...

Ooooo this is a new one for me but I LOVE the look of it! Cover and plot synopsis sound awesome!

My WoW: http://www.pocketfulofbooks.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday_09.html

The Teen Book Guru said...

Great choice!! I added it to my TBR list. I'm a new follower and just wanted to drop by and say hi :) I love your blog!!

My WoW


-Riya

Cathy De Los Santos said...

One I def want to read. Great pick. Here's my Wow
Check out my Giveaway

Heather (ShoeGirl) said...

This sounds like something my daughter would be interested in! Thanks for sharing!
My "WoW"

Book Flame said...

I've seen this one around and it's def something I want to read. Great Pick!

Sam said...

Awesome choice! I love the sound of this book and can't wait to read it myself. :)

Carina said...

The more often I see this, the more I can actually imagine wanting to read it. Probably going to wait for a few reviews first though. :D

Cayce said...

Count me in, too. Eve and Adam sounds fantastic. And one of the writers is Michael Grant. This is going to be sooo goood :)

My WoW

ashelynn hetland said...

this one sounds really, really good and I love the cover. I can't wait to read it. :)

my WOW.

Dani said...

Great choice for this week. It does sound interesting and I will have to check it out!

Thanks for sharing,
Dani
My WoW: http://paulettespapers.com/?p=2011

Sonythebooklover said...

Sounds good I TBR- ed thanks for sharing. Follow the link to see what i picked..
http://sonythebooklover.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday-56/

Mimi Valentine said...

Ditto for me, Sophie! I wasn't so sure about this book at first either because I'm not exactly catholic even though I believe in God, but that synopsis is just... WOW-worthy! No pun intended x) And that cover is stunning in that I'm-so-intrigued-to-how-it-could-be-related-to-the-actual-book sort of way!

Fantastic pick for your WOW this week, Sophie! Hugs and hearts and a million wishes for a beautiful Wednesday in Spain from Mimi! :) ♥

Hilda K said...

I want to read this book simply because of the amazing cover LOL! Oh wow, look at the apple! It requires amazing photoshop! (Sorry, me and my adoration of photoshop ninja)

Ah, I so can't wait for this book. Amazing pick, Sophie! :)

^sorry about the comment above, I messed up a bit! x(

Lu said...

I also can't wait for Eve and Adam!
Happy belated Wednesday :)

Win on Wednesday
Nominate Your Book Boyfriend

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com said...

What a seriously awesome cover.

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I'd love to hear your thoughts, and I appreciate each and every comment. I always try to comment on your blog in return :)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio