Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (16)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Breaking the Spine and it's used to showcase the upcoming releases we're excited about.


As soon as I read this book's description, I added it to my TBR list. It's true that it sounds a little like The Host by Stephenie Meyer, but I still think it has the potential to be awesome in its own. And oh, boy, does this sound promising.


Eva and Addie started out the same way as everyone else—two souls woven together in one body, taking turns controlling their movements as they learned how to walk, how to sing, how to dance. But as they grew, so did the worried whispers. Why aren’t they settling? Why isn’t one of them fading? The doctors ran tests, the neighbors shied away, and their parents begged for more time. Finally Addie was pronounced healthy and Eva was declared gone. Except, she wasn’t...

For the past three years, Eva has clung to the remnants of her life. Only Addie knows she’s still there, trapped inside their body. Then one day, they discover there may be a way for Eva to move again. The risks are unimaginable–hybrids are considered a threat to society, so if they are caught, Addie and Eva will be locked away with the others. And yet…for a chance to smile, to twirl, to speak, Eva will do anything.

17 comments:

Maja (The Nocturnal Library) said...

I've had my eye on this for quite some time now! I love both the cover and the description. I think I'll preorder it.

Here's my WoW post
New follower!

Annabelle Marie Veronica said...

That cover is so beautiful! Excellent choice!
My WoW

Claire-Louise said...

I am so excited for this novel to be released! Just come fast enough! Awesome pick, thanks for sharing!

Claire Reads WoW

Thomas Clementson said...

A story of loyalty and sacrifice! Love this pick
Loads of folks talking about this one - highly anticipated!

My WoW

@TCAbn The Motley Chronicles

Arila said...

A lo mejor no tiene absolutamente nada que ver, pero me ha recordado un poco a The Host, eso de dos conciencias en el mismo cuerpo y tal... ¡No pinta nada mal! Siempre me descubres libros nuevos :)
¡Besos!

Edward Alonzo said...

I can't wait to read this! The story sounds really great. Great pick! :D

My WOW

Lisa (Lost in Literature) said...

This cover is amazing!! I've seen this one around a bit and have added it to my TBR list. Hope you get it and enjoy it! :)

Lisa @ Lost in Literature
My WoW

Beverley said...

I really need to read this book when it comes out! I absolutely LOVE the cover and it just sounds so exciting :)

BookJunkie said...

Great pick! This one does look really great! I loved The Host, and I can see where there might be some similarities. But it definitely looks cool!

Courtney @ Fuzzy.Coffee.Books <--My WoW!

Mimi Valentine said...

OH, IT DOES!! I've seen this book around so many times and I even have it on my TBR pile, but I don't think I've ever made the connection that it sounds a bit like The Host -- and that makes me even more excited, because I LOVE Steph Meyer's books! :) There aren't very many books about souls and such, but they're always so creative and interesting. I had no idea what I'd do if there was another soul in my body! *shivers* x)

Amazing pick for your WOW this week, Sophie! :) I hope your Wednesday is full of sunshine (and not rain, like here)! <3

Mel - Thedailyprophecy. said...

This book sounds so fascinating and interesting. I love the cover, very mysterious. I can't wait for this one, nice pick!

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com said...

Me too!

Marta M. said...

This book sounds awesome it reminds me a bit to The Host, but I love The Host so I think I will get this one. The cover looks super eye-catching.

Hilda K said...

I've wanted this book ever since I read the description too, Sophie! Hello, twins here? Me loving it! x) And the cover is totally GORGEOUS!! <3

Amazing pick this week, Sophie! I can't wait to add this book to my TBR pile! x)

Miss Page-Turner said...

Great pick! Isn't the cover stunning?!

Shooting Stars Mag said...

I really really want to read this one. I think it sounds amazing. I haven't actually read The Host, but my sister enjoyed it.

-lauren

Born Bookish said...

This book sounds really interesting plus the cover is amazing!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I'd love to hear your thoughts, and I appreciate each and every comment. I always try to comment on your blog in return :)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio