Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (18)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Breaking the Spine and it's used to showcase the upcoming releases we're excited about.


Aaaah, I've adored Kody Keplinger ever since I read her first book, The DUFF, which I absolutely loved. It's one of my favorites! And while Shut Out, her other book, didn't work as much for me, I'm super excited for A Midsummer's Nightmare. Kody's books feel so real, I can't wait to digg in this one and that stepbrother - stepsister (or maybe not?) the summary is hinting.


A Midsummer's Nightmare by Kody Keplinger
Whitley Johnson's dream summer with her divorced dad has turned into a nightmare. She's just met his new fiancée and her kids. The fiancée's son? Whitley's one-night stand from graduation night. Just freakin' great. Worse, she totally doesn't fit in with her dad's perfect new country-club family. So Whitley acts out. She parties. Hard. So hard she doesn't even notice the good things right under her nose: a sweet little future stepsister who is just about the only person she's ever liked, a best friend (even though Whitley swears she doesn't "do" friends), and a smoking-hot guy who isn't her stepbrother...at least, not yet. It will take all three of them to help Whitley get through her anger and begin to put the pieces of her family together.

12 comments:

Kim said...

Great pick! I've had my eye on this one for quite a while too (:

- Kim
My WoW

Arila said...

Yo también repetiría con esta autora :)
Un besito!

Sam said...

I haven't read anything by this author before but this book sounds great! Great choice, Sophie. :)

Fara said...

I LOVE YA contemp! This one on my most anticipated list! Great pick! :D

Drop by my WoW?

Amy said...

Oh wow! I absolutely LOVE your pick, it is so being added to my already over flowing TBR list. Thank you for sharing and have a great week! :)

Here's mine:

http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday-24.html

Lisa Mandina said...

I have The Duff sitting on a shelf to read, this one sounds good too. Check out my WOW here:
http://misclisa.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday-bea-edition.html

Hilda K said...

Awesome pick, Sophie! I've never read anything by Kody Keplinger but this one sounds too good to pass! I really like the title too! I'm wondering whether Shakespeare will be mentioned in this book. Definitely adding this to my TBR list! x)

Vickie Ramage said...

Sounds like a pretty good summer read! I really need to start reading some of her books.

ComaCalm's Corner

Mel - Thedailyprophecy. said...

This will be a perfect summer read :D Thanks for sharing!

http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday-14.html

Karis Jacobstein said...

I'm excited for this one too. Kody Keplinger rules!

Check out my WoW!

Ajoop. S said...

Oh this sounds lovely :) I'm crazy about all of these summer reads these days! I wasn't so crazy about Keplinger's The Duff but this one sounds amazing so I'll be reading it as soon as it's out! Great pick, Sophie xD

Beverley said...

I haven't read a book by Kody Keplinger but this one looks really interesting and the premise of it sounds fantastic!

Great choice Sophie and thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I'd love to hear your thoughts, and I appreciate each and every comment. I always try to comment on your blog in return :)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio